How I read a .wma file

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Sat Dec 12 22:44:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 06:18:41 +0800, HermanAA wrote:

> I want to listen these files:
> 01 Track 1_8.wma  and  01 Track 1_9.wma (spoken text).
>  (I Googled, read-up om .wma)
>
> My system is: Ubuntu 8.10, default installation.
>  MY program-source is Synaptic.

I don't know about other players, but Quod Libet can play .wma files
without any extra plugins.

> I am in touch with the maker of this .wma file. Should I suggest to use
> MP3 instead? (can Windows make MP3 Files as easily?)

You should suggest using Ogg Vorbis (.ogg), which is an open standard. The
MP3 format still requires licence fees to be paid to the Fraunhofer
Gesellschaft, which invented the format.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com