How to install Thunderbird3

Scott sclewin at sgaming.ca
Fri Dec 11 04:10:05 UTC 2009

On 09-12-10 10:31 PM, Mani wrote:
> I am new to Ubuntu(Just installed and trying to locate software). And
> this is the first time I am working (with a serious intent) on Linux. I
> am not able to find new releases of Netbeans and Thunderbird in the
> UBuntu Software center or the Synaptic package manager. Does it take
> some time for new versions of software or new software to appear in
> these centers?
Software is normally updated with each six month release.  You can use
backports (unsupported updates), but they only support certain software
and is usually a little bit behind.

For Thunderbird check out
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ThunderbirdNewVersion.  Take a look at
Manual instructions for installing the newest Thunderbird.  It mentions
version 2, but works just as good for version 3 as it mentions.  I just
did that myself today and it worked fine for me on Ubuntu 9.10.

For Netbeans.  If you want the newest go to the netbeans site and
download the newest version.  They have put together a very good
installer for Linux.  That is what I did and I am happily using 6.8 RC2.

> PS: I am already in love with the Ubuntu Desktop.
Ubuntu is easy to fall in love with. :)

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 9.10