Upgrading flshplugin

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Dec 10 12:44:27 UTC 2009

I have a number of machines that cannot connect directly to the outside
world. These machines are able to receive their updates using approx. This
all works well most of the time. This morning, though I ran into an issue.
flashplugin-non-free has an update. It appears that what gets downloaded
from the proxy is an installer, and that this installer needs to get the
actual binary from the outside.

In my case, this causes the apt-get upgrades to fail on all the machines
that cannot access directly the outside.

I would think that I could just manually copy this binary over from the
machine that can access the outside to the ones that cannot, right?
But what file do I need to copy, and where do I need to put it so that the
inside machines will recognize that they do not have to obtain it
themselves?