How Do I Backup A DVd To A Different Region?

Werner Schram wrschram at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:27:51 UTC 2009

Hi Gilles,

Gilles Gravier wrote:
>> I think you should contact the producer of the DVD. Ask why it is region
>> 1 encoded, and ask for a replacement. I don't see why anyone would
>> restrict research material to one region, so it is likely a mistake. If
>> you want to go through with reencoding your disc, you might find more
>> information on the doom9.org site.
>>

> Totally useless advice, and bound to produce just as useless results.
> These companies DO NOT CARE about individuals.

I personally don't think that every company, universitiy and research
institution that provides research material doesn't care about
individuals. Of course it is possible that his research material is a
commercial movie or something of the like, but that has never been said.
I think that your sollution will likely help to solve his problem, but
that doesn't mean that asking the producer to provide the disk in an
unrestricted (or at least usable) format is a totally useless advice.

Werner