Grub beta issue with kernel update/upgrade

mdovell at comcast.net mdovell at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 17:38:01 UTC 2009

"
I am going to guess your using Karmic 9.10 and the grub you
have is version 2 and your file system is ext4. As for the
kernel update I got it in my Karmic and there were zero problems.

Is my guess right? Can you still boot up with an earlier kernel?"

I think your guess is write however the menu to select the other kernals isn't there. I haven't tried a different booting (F12) yet.

It just goes into a command prompt. I remember there was a way that I got rid of the beta and put the other one on. I should be
able to try later tonight.