how to fileshare with bittorrent in ubuntu

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 03:13:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:59 AM, user1 <bqz69 at telia.com> wrote:
> I am curious about why it is a danger to the film industry that private
> people do filesharing using bittorrent, when I cannot make it work in
> ubuntu 9.04.
>
> I have tried several bittorrent clients and made .torrent files for a
> video of some 29 mb, but I cannot make it work.
>
> I have even had 2 different bittorrent clients sitting seeding the file,
> but it still does not work.
>
> I also have the video together with its .torrent file sitting on a
> webserver (a webhotel).
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Maybe it only works in windows - or is it a commercial only item,
> disguised as private filesharing?
>
> I find it less easy getting help on this ubuntu-users mailing list, and
> even googling gives less usable answers to me?

I have Vuze and Transmission installed (Jaunty and Karmic 64) and they
work perfectly (providing the firewall is properly configured).
Perhaps you could tell us more about what doesn't work or what happens
when you try to use torrent clients.

L.

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Lat.:  23°34'4.79"S - Long.: 46°39'59.53"W