how to fileshare with bittorrent in ubuntu

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Mon Dec 7 02:59:39 UTC 2009

I am curious about why it is a danger to the film industry that private
people do filesharing using bittorrent, when I cannot make it work in
ubuntu 9.04.

I have tried several bittorrent clients and made .torrent files for a
video of some 29 mb, but I cannot make it work.

I have even had 2 different bittorrent clients sitting seeding the file,
but it still does not work.

I also have the video together with its .torrent file sitting on a
webserver (a webhotel).

What am I doing wrong?

Maybe it only works in windows - or is it a commercial only item,
disguised as private filesharing?

I find it less easy getting help on this ubuntu-users mailing list, and
even googling gives less usable answers to me?