Disable USB port for mass storage

Arun Shrimali arun.reso at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 11:11:11 UTC 2009

Dear All,
I was using few PCs with Ubuntu 8.10, for the security reasons their
USB ports were disabled with the following method ;

1. Press Alt+F2 and enter:
polkit-gnome-authorization
2. Go to Storage => Mount file systems from removable drivers
3. Press the "Edit..." button
4. Choose "Active Console: Authentication"
5. Press the "Modify..." button

Now with the upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10, above procedure is not working as
policy toolkit was not in default installation and even after
installing policykit-gnome, about method is not working as could not
find option for removable drives.

Is there any way in 9.10, I can disable USB ports for mass storages ??

Thanks

Arun