Karmic: Mounts with SMB:// not showing up in all nautilus windows

Mriswithe mriswithe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 08:25:23 UTC 2009

I did some searching and couldn't find anything that addressed this, so here
goes:

I usually mount shares on other local computers, both windows and linux
flavors, by entering "smb://192.168.0.5" to mount them and get to them. In
9.04 when I did this it would pop on my desktop as well as in nautilus and
such. Now in karmic it is appearing in the "Places" area of nautilus as well
as my desktop like it used to, but the only thing different is when I go to
select a download location with something like downthemall it is not seeing
the mount in the links to the left. I can't find it anywhere so that I can
do a direct dump to the networked computer.

I am on a clean install of 9.10 and have had very few other problems with
karmic, anyone have an idea of what changed or if this is a known issue?

Thank you for your help,

Mriswithe