[ubuntu-users] Ubuntu 9.04 and Firefox browser

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Mon Aug 31 23:12:53 UTC 2009

On Monday 31 August 2009 2:30:20 pm Noah Duffy wrote:
> 9.04 had been stable since it's release earlier this year in April.
> The next stable release of Ubuntu will come in October.  Perhaps being
> a couple versions behind is affecting the updater from recommending
> Ubuntu 9.04.  I would suggest backing up your data and performing a
> fresh install when upgrading from an older release.  I'm not sure what
> the others have to say about that.

A couple of points, 8.04 is specifically a LTS (long term support) release and
as such would not auto update to another less than LTS release.  Check
Ubuntu's release plans.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubuntu_releases

AND, ...fresh install is way too much a windoze thing.  Ubuntu is designed to
be easy, stable, and intuitive to use, not to constantly have to re-install
as the standard windoze blanket fix for everything.

<aside>(I won't mention the inappropriateness of top posting on this
list)</aside>

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403