ubuntu or vista

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Aug 31 18:15:33 UTC 2009

Gray Malkmus wrote:
> i am using vista home premium 64x bit on a dell wih 4 gb of ram intel core 2 duo 2.53 ghz processer and a 256 mb ati mobility raedon card. would ubuntu be considered a downgrade?

A downgrade?  That's a strange question.  You can't really compare the
two, being disparate OS's.  However, I find Vista to be a PITA.  Windows
7 is marginally better, but requires tons more hardware resources to
make it even close to fast.

I'm rather partisan though, as I've been using linux since 1995.  I
would not consider Ubuntu a downgrade in any way.  I suppose the
question to ask is, how much do you know about linux?  Your knowledge
level might make the difference between a good experience and a really
bad one.

--
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415