Kile issue: cannot view accents

Jose Rodriguez joheiker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:43:06 UTC 2009

Greetings everyone,

I've been using Kile to work with Latex but i have this issue: i cannot view
accents.

I originally was working in Windows with Winedit but then i copy the .tex
file and a whole bunch in Ubuntu b/c it's easier for me to work in Linux but
i get the problem mentioned before. In the .tex file wherever i have accents
i get a black dot with a "?" on it, and when i develop the PDF file i get
weird symbols where the accents suppose to be. I need accents b/c im working
in spanish.

I also downloaded texmaker and i get the same problem.

I searched online and some people suggested that it maybe a kde-gnome
problem, but im not sure if this is my problem. Dont know if im missing any
packages.
I also tried changing my keyboard configuration and my languages support but
that didn't work.

Hope someone can help me! Thanxs!
--
A day without sunshine is like, you know...night.