MSI: Don't buy our webcam

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 16:41:38 UTC 2009

> I _really_ hate to point out the obvious, Dotan, but I usually find googling
> the device ID works well, and googling: "0c45:60fc Microdia" gives me
> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/975980.html which
> seems to have a solution.
>
> Which still, in no way excuses Microdia's support.

I did read that. It relies on the mxhaard drivers, which are now
standard in the kernel (does not need to be compiled separately, since
-27 or so I believe.). So the cams that would be helped by that 2008
thread, are now plug and play!

I seems that the issue is that the 370i is sometimes advertised as
supporting UVC, which it clearly does not. I do not know why some
places claim that it does, the manufacturer does not make that claim.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il