Thunderbird e-mail problem

Xandros Pilosa folivora.pilosa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 16:15:53 UTC 2009

GaryT pravi:

Hello Gary
--snip--
> Yes, had found them, thanks heaps.
>
> Also found that by using filters (they're quite powerful), I was able to
> move the last 3 weeks of messages into the appropriate mail boxes of
> the original accounts. Now I have them all together and can delete those
> extra accounts.
>
> Magic!  :-)

Happy ending, then. Good to read that.
While we are still at tb and mbox troubleshooting: article about "tb
best practice":
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keep_it_working_-_Thunderbird
may be worth reading. Especially about maintaining mail files
(keeping Inbox empty and compacting mbox files). It did save me from
some troubles in the past, but not before I had learned it the hard way
first, of course ;)

--snip--
> Further proof of a long held truth in Personal computing "we cause most
> of our own problems".
>
> GT

I second this, but on the other hand, maybe that makes it "Personal". :)

Take care