How do I detect that a jump drive is mounted?

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Sat Aug 29 03:13:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 15:18 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> I've got a jump drive that I use to back up some files at night.  Is
> there a simple way in a script that I can check to see that the drive is
> mounted?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Knute Johnson

A better option may be to have the script run your backup when the jump
drive is inserted.  Found this article on someone doing similar for
their back up scenario.

In the first suggestion using the "rules" I personallyhad some success
but was trying things with vmware at the time.

the second suggestion, the one the OP used, seems to be the best fit for
your situation.  You could also search
	"ubuntu run script on usb insert"
which yielded a number of options.  Hope it's helpful.
--
Fred R.
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like Linux - simple; if you are fighting it, you are doing
something wrong."