Prevent sleep during ssh session

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 24 10:58:40 UTC 2009

> Your SSH session is dependent on the power settings of the remote
> machine, its power supply state, and whether the console (keyboard and
> mouse INPUT) of that remote machine is active or not.  The definition of
> 'inactive' is 'NO INPUT on keyboard or mouse', which means that network
> traffic and CPU activity do not influence the decision to put the PC to
> sleep.

Surely though there is some way to extend the definition of 'inactive'
to include no active ssh sessions (or no ssh sessions at all) ?

Similarly, I believe it is possible to configure things to allow the
machine to automatically wake up on network activity, such as when an
ssh connection is made.

cheers Chris