Performance tuning guide for Ubuntu server

Ryan Chan ryanchan404 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 05:30:54 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have installed Ubuntu based on the document:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP

My server's primary usage is Apache web server /w mod_php.

Are there any offical performance tunning guide from the OS point of view?

(I don't need Apache tunning as I can already found at
httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/perf-tuning.htm)

I want those tunning related to Linux/Ubuntu, e.g. identify which
services are not need, network tuning, virtual memory tuning etc.

Thanks.