Computer problem

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:41:44 UTC 2009

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:48:35 -0500
> Andrew Farris <flyindragon1 at aol.com> wrote:
>

>> Karl said:
>>

>>>     I am about to say to heck with all this crap! It is just too
>>> hard to make your own computer. I need to buy the latest and best
>>> HP computer and load Linux on that, if even THAT is possible these
>>> days. For sure the warranty will be null and void :-)
>>>
>> Its frustrating sometimes...but I still wouldn't say it's too hard.
>> If anything, making your own computer has gotten easier in the past
>> years, and will probably continue to get easier. Theres
>> just...hiccups...sometimes.
>>

> I fully agree with that.  Karl, a small problem shouldn't put you off
> of building your own.  Heck, even if you ruin one or two it will still
> be less expensive in the long run, plus, you will have new skills
>
> Elder Daughter built her own (with a just a little help) a couple of
> years ago and now has built several for her friends with no help at
> all.  Keep at it, you /will/ get there.
>
> ...and you might notice that I'm not slamming you.  I admire your
> perseverance.  You go, big guy!  Build on!
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

    Hi Cybe, I have thought about the problem and the guys at Gigabyte
were very helpful. All evidence is that the new AMD Sempron 140 cpu is
made for a AM3 socket. This will NOT WORK in a AM2+ socket although it
FITS INTO am AM2+ socket. With shipping this cpu with a cooler cost
$46.00. I have decided to Google until I find a similar cpu MADE FOR A
AM2 socket. Order that and next week try it again.

73 Karl