installing additional fonts

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Wed Aug 19 14:58:49 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 10:25:27 pm dwain wrote:
> i have been reading the linux bible 2008 and have learned much about
> running linux.  more than i have learned before.  i would like to install
> some additional fonts, but i haven't found a way to do this in the gnome
> desktop.  while trying to configure a network printer i found a tab to add
> additional fonts, but i would like to install them system wide.  would
> someone please point me in the direction to accomplish this task?

In Kubuntu, which is what I use and much prefer, going to System Settings,
Appearance, you will find the Font Installer and other font tools.  In Ubuntu
however, people tell me this tool function is missing, ...a Gnome thing I
guess.  You can however, install fonts from synaptic package manager if you
find the ones you want available there. Or add "Font Forge" to handle true
type fonts.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403