installing additional fonts

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 06:47:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 00:25 -0500, dwain wrote:
> i have been reading the linux bible 2008 and have learned much about
> running linux.  more than i have learned before.  i would like to
> install some additional fonts, but i haven't found a way to do this in
> the gnome desktop.

Go to "System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager" and search
for 'fonts' or 'ttf-font'. There's a ton in there you can choose from.

Alternatively, if you already have the fonts you want, try dropping them
in the '/usr/share/fonts' directory to make them global.

> while trying to configure a network printer i found a tab to add
> additional fonts, but i would like to install them system wide.  would
> someone please point me in the direction to accomplish this task?

I didnt know there was any such option in the printer configurator...
where is this option? I'd like to see what it does :)

--
Andrew