How to install the Printer Brother HL-2140

Peter Umlauf peter.umlauf at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 08:26:40 UTC 2009

Dear Sirs or Madams,

A fiew days ago, i have installed ubuntu on my Desktop. It works very well, but there is one problem. My Printer - Brother HL-2140 - does not work. I tried to install the software for linux that I downloaded from the Brother-website (ubuntu does not contain the printer model HL-2140 from Brother) but it does not work.
I am sure, that I make somethig wrong (I never had a linux-system before). What can I do? THank you for your Help.
Yours faithfully,
Peter Umlauf