Is workspace use system memory

Martin Ewing martin.s.ewing at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 03:16:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM, jiten jha<jitenjha11 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>                    I want to know that if I am using 4 workspace and run 4
> different application . Then my pc performance is getting slow or not .
>
> Like
>          workspace one I am using eclipes and java .
>          workspace two I am using firefox , vlc  and other application.
>          workspace three I am using mail client like gmila, thunderbird ,
> pidgin , some more application.
>          workspace four  I am using development software and development
> related application , services.
>
> Then my pc performance getting slow or not. If yes then what sept I follow
> then my pc  performance get good.
>
> --
> Regards
> Jitendra Jha
> Jr. Linux System Administrator
> Hotwax Media Inc., Indore
> +91-9893325765
> www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> --

"workspace" is not memory space.  It only creates logical screens that
help you to organize your work.

You seem to have many applications running at the same time.  (It
doesn't matter if some of them are not displayed in your current
workspace, they still are in RAM.)

Probably you need to cut back the number of applications programs OR
add RAM to your system.

Martin