X problems

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:44:30 UTC 2009

	I mounted a pci Nvidia card several months ago in my computer and it
was working fine to now. I decided to anchor the card front to the place
it should go. Hard to get to because the screw hole is hidden by the
power supply.

	I unplugged the card and took screws off the back side and was able to
put the screw in with the card out of the socket, and then put the card
into the socket. It appears to be working but my system can not get the
proper image size now.

	If I come up normal I get a 800x600 display which is not right of
course. I did check the system-Admin-Hardware Drivers and the Nvidia
driver was off. I clicked it to on and had to reboot. Checked and it was
off again. Did this dance many times. It appears there is a problem in
this area.

	If I come up in the broken version of this Hardy and wait for the
ability to check xsetup I do so but it fixes nothing.

	Any ideas? I do get a good image so I think the Nvidia pci card is
working. But I can't get the right image size.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User