Access to Linux (ext3) & Windows (FAT32) partitions (from Ubuntu 9.04)

Jay Mistry jaylinux53 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 04:24:54 UTC 2009

On a new install of Ubuntu 9.04 on a home desktop PC, how can one
enable access to Windows XP (FAT32) and Fedora 10 (ext3) partitions
from within Ubuntu (using GNOME 2.26 desktop) ?

The Linux installs (Fedora 10 and Ubuntu 9.04, both i386) are on a
separate HD than Windows, and I boot into them from the NT bootloader.

I was able to access (mount) the NTFS partitions of Windows XP after
installing ntfs-3g and ntfs-config.

Thanks,

Jay Mistry