Opening Drop Down Dialog When Using GUI Package Tools

Alex Ford abford at comcast.net
Sat Aug 8 11:35:33 UTC 2009

Hey all -

I'm looking for a way to automatically open the drop down box features
that appear when using the GUI updating/installing/upgrading tools such
as Synaptic Package Manager, Update Manager, etc.

I'm referring to the ones that let you see the 'Details' or
'Information' of what's actually going on in the terminal.

I realize that it's not much effort to just click the little arrow, but
I'm rolling out some custom images to a business and I'd like to
automate that as a convenience for them.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Alex