Mouse features?

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina at gulfsat.mg
Fri Aug 7 11:45:55 UTC 2009

08/07/2009 12:27 PM, Roy Smith::
> Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
>> 08/07/2009 09:38 AM, Roy Smith:

>>> Well the basic functions of this mouse work just fine, the left and
>>> right buttons along with the scroll wheel do just as they're expected to
>>> do.  It's just that there are 2 additional buttons that don't seem to
>>> work in all the programs that I use.
>>>

>> Yes, each program has it's way to interpret mouse events.
>> all you will have to do is configuring, not writting "your
>> own program".
> Ok, so if writing my own program isn't necessary, then please tell me
> how I can get Thunderbird to advance to the next unread message when I
> click the left side button of the mouse

It's "weird" I have that behaviour with my prolink mouse.
http://www.prolink2u.com/self/products/accessories/pkl5195g.php

> ...and mark a thread as read when
> I click the right side button.  In the intellipoint software I could
> enable customizations for specific programs.

It must have been possible for a limited set of programs, i dont doubt.

> So what I did there was
> enabled it for TBird and set the left button to simulate pressing the
> 'n' key on the keyboard, and the right button to simulate pressing the
> 't' key.

That would be the point: having the same behaviour as one exiting binding.
Unfortunately I dont know any link for you, but i believe a few search
will give you some answers... "linux mouse button"

--
                             Architecte Informatique:
                                   + 261 32 11 401 65