question about /home on separate drive

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 00:53:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 19:04 -0500, Wade Smart wrote:
> I want to ask a totally different question.
>
> Im installing the new 9.04 OS and when Im creating the partitions,
> what if I choose from the very beginning the second hard drive with
> my old /home partition on it. Would the new setup install the necessary
> files for the new setup thus over ridding the similar ones from my 8.04 setup or
> would it just not do that?

I dont think it will overwrite them. If you just point the installer at
an existing home partition, and start an install, so long as you don't
say to format it, then it will leave everything just how it is.

I've done this a few times before on friend's computers, and it always
works just fine.

--
Andrew