LTSP server in Ubuntu

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 5 18:20:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 09:55 +0530, shali Kallumpuram wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have planned  a LTSP server in UBUNTU 9.04 for 60 machines in a lab,
> for that purpose i have configured a  test server and its working but
> some times it shows some difficulties for booting and getting error
> messages like "buzzy box "

Is the server, or the thin client getting the busybox?  what point in
the boot does the busybox come up? can you give some hardware stats?

>  and one more thing is i need only terminal service not graphical
> windows and all, that means i need to remove the gdm form all clients,
> kindly help me...

like Brian said... you don't actually have to /remove/ gdm, just turn it
off, or change your bootup runlevel so you start into a terminal. I
think "sudo update-rc.d -f gdm remove" will make you boot up into a
terminal by removing the reference from rc to gdm. Of course, after
doing that, don't forget to update your client images:
sudo ltsp-update-image

--
Andrew