LTSP server in Ubuntu

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:49:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 12:25 AM, shali
Kallumpuram<vidyaserveradmin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have planned  a LTSP server in UBUNTU 9.04 for 60 machines in a lab, for
> that purpose i have configured a  test server and its working but some times
> it shows some difficulties for booting and getting error messages like
> "buzzy box " and one more thing is i need only terminal service not
> graphical windows and all, that means i need to remove the gdm form all
> clients, kindly help me...

I can't quite understand what your questions are.  Please restate
them, one issue per email and perhaps we can help better.

If you do not want a GUI on the server, stop the 'GDM' service from
starting.  You don't have to remove it.

'buzzy box' is possibly 'busybox' I suppose, but you certainly will
have to present more info than that...

Brian

--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false