Ubuntu On An XBox (NOT XBox 360)

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:18:50 UTC 2009

I've recently been given an old XBox console when my main PC may be
going down the shoot, so it makes sense to see if I can use it as an
interim measure before I get a new PC to run a variant of Ubuntu
(probably Xubuntu).

I've done some Googling around and, indeed, it looks as though you can
run Xubuntu on an XBox, though most of the information goes back to
2006 so I'd like some information from other (X)Ubuntu users.

I've thought about using it as a home media set up, but then is Xubuntu
the best Linux distro to try?  And does the hardware support the use of
a usb keyboard and usb mouse?

I was given an Xbox360 for Christmas, so playing games is not a big
requirement for me.  With that proviso, has anyone any suggestions?

--
Graham Todd