How are people using "Stretch Icon..."?

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 04:27:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 19:02 +1000, Ned Hoy (ubuntu-users) wrote:
[snip]
> Here are two uses I have already been given:
> 1) They're incredibly helpful for laptop users, where small icons on
> the desktop can be hard to hit.

Never had an issue with that personally...

> 2) If I go away for lunch, I can enlarge the file I was working on so
> that when I come back, I'm reminded of the file I was working on and
> can easily find it and go straight to it again - rather than searching
> around for the file or just forgetting about it.

I actually use this one on my lappy.  The day's work is on the desktop,
and the current working file/folder is the biggest one there.

My mom also uses the enlarging icons for shortcuts to a few games she
likes.  My dad also put a huge firefox icon on his desktop because he
sometimes accidentally clicked the wrong thing when launching from the
panel.

My brother uses it to tell the difference between executable links on
his desktop, and files/folders. (the executables are always bigger)

there you go :)

--
Andrew