How are people using "Stretch Icon..."?

Ned Hoy (ubuntu-users) nedhoy+ubuntu-users-list at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:02:30 UTC 2009

When I right-click a file on the Desktop I see "Stretch Icon..." and
"Restore Icon to Original Size" in the menu. I asked myself if this is
needed, if it is used and what it is used for.
I'm not sure, so I'd like anyone who uses the functionality to reply with a
description of how they use it and in what situation.

Here are two uses I have already been given:
1) They're incredibly helpful for laptop users, where small icons on the
desktop can be hard to hit.
2) If I go away for lunch, I can enlarge the file I was working on so that
when I come back, I'm reminded of the file I was working on and can easily
find it and go straight to it again - rather than searching around for the
file or just forgetting about it.

Thanks in advance :-)