graphics card configuration.

Wybo Dekker wybo at servalys.nl
Thu Apr 30 13:28:58 UTC 2009

(just moved from SuSE-11.0  to Unbuntu 9.04)

My card is an integrated Intel 865G, my monitor a Medion MD7212AZ
After sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg I get a minimal xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
         Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier      "Default Screen"
         Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
         Device          "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

So I suppose my hardware is'nt recognized, and it is quite slow indeed.
I tried to replace xorg.conf with SuSE-11.0's version, but that did not
help.
Is there a tool to help with the configuration?
--
Wybo