Install Problems

Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Wed Apr 29 17:59:31 UTC 2009

I was given an old PC with 256K memory and a 400 MHz Pentium II. They
had Centos Linux installed, but I did not have the password, and did not
want to learn something besides Ubuntu.

I can not seem to get it to install 8.04 LTS.

I try the normal install and I get an error about BIOS age (1998) fails
cutoff (2000) acpi=force is required to enable ACPI.

Searching around I find
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions

Which I think says I have to type F6, then a space, and then
acpi=force.

So I do it and it does not get me to the Welcome Window. (after 4.)

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GraphicalInstall

So what do I do now?
I have checked the CD and ran a memory test for 12 hours with no
problems.

Kip

--

Kipton Moravec AE5IB .- . ..... .. -...