VirualBox on Hardy

Willis Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 28 17:58:49 UTC 2009

Answers for bot questions;

1.  I have removed root and rebooted but the same condition prevails.
2.  I used the GUI to use gdebi while logged into my account.

the following is the message;

Failed to start the virtual machine WinXP.

Cannot open host device '/dev/sdb' for read/write access. Check the
permissions of that device ('/bin/ls -l /dev/sdb'): Most probably you
need to be member of the device group. Make sure that you logout/login
after changing the group settings of the current user
(VERR_ACCESS_DENIED).

Unknown error creating VM (VERR_ACCESS_DENIED).

and this is what is displayed for Details;

Result Code:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

Component:

Console