Edubuntu?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon Apr 27 00:10:26 UTC 2009

>> 'Edubuntu' is really just a name for a set of packages (software)
>> designed for educational purposes.
>>
>> All those packages can be found in the Ubuntu software repositories.
>>
>> You do not need to download a separate CD unless you want to.
>>

> My understanding is that there is no separate CD.  You install Ubuntu,
> then install Edubuntu-desktop or Edubuntu-desktop-KDE.

You understood wrong or know nothing much about Edubuntu. A simple visit
to www.edubuntu.org would have given you a link to
http://www.edubuntu.org/Download which should have sufficed to inform
you of the existence of the Edubuntu Addon CD.
>> Just search for 'edubuntu' in Synaptic aka the Package Manager.
>>

> ...and Bob's your uncle.

Maybe I should have said do a 'apt-cache search edubuntu' instead.
Perhaps you would have been more willing to try that than run a gui app.
Or are you trying to pick a fight? /me tosses Cybe a flame thrower and
dons on suit of asbestos armour.