Someone with experience in ubuntu dial up

John Heinen hensandpat at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 27 00:01:27 UTC 2009

John Heinen wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
>
>> John Heinen wrote:
>>

>>> In my opinion and experience all treats/discusions  about ubuntu ""dial
>>> up" are out of date.
>>> I would like hear from someone who has a "working" ubuntu  dial up on
>>> his machine.
>>>

>> In my experience, it works the best (and the easiest) if the modem is a
>> hardware modem. Having said that, which modem do you have and what have
>> you tried?
>>

> US Robotics 5637

Sorry Winton and H.S.I lost the last replies," error in deleting".
I wonder if we could start this way to make the search and installation
of a modem comprehensible to all "need to know candidates"

For example, In opensuse to detect a modem: Open yast, select network
devices, select modem, click on the edit button at the bottom of the
pane, one will see the modem device setting near the bottom of the pane,
click on edit, in my case with a usroboticst 5637,hat would be ttyACMO.
On another machine we have Ubuntu ( and windows xp) a pci usb Actiontech
V90 pci modem com 3, we could add the usrobotics to the ubuntu project.
How do we make ubuntu find and designate the modem{s}