mac-like printing from website

Preston Kutzner shizzlecash at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:44:37 UTC 2009

On Apr 23, 2009, at 6:54 AM, Brian McKee wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:16 AM, Alain Muls <alain.muls at telenet.be>
> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Printing pages from websites wastes a lot of paper (using either
>> firefox or
>> konqueror). On a Mac printing offers you the possibility to apply a
>> 'firefox'
>> template which reduced greatly the number of pages needed. Is it
>> also possible
>> to have a similar template for a printer in (k)ubuntu?

I didn't get the OP for this thread, but the stuff you're looking for
is in the "Options" tab of the print dialog in Ubuntu.  You'll want to
make sure "Ignore Scaling and Shrink To Fit Page Width" (that's a
mouthful) is checked.

I happened to have a Mac handy, along with my Ubuntu box and was able
to match-up what you were apparently referring to.  HTH