Ubuntu Server intrepid GUI

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Mon Apr 20 00:11:55 UTC 2009

madanabhat27 at gmail.com wrote:

> Thanx for th tip but how exactly do I get a gui for apache, sendmail,
> dovecot and other such server software bundled with the OS ?

First, I don't think such software _is_ bundled with the OS.  I'm not even
sure Apache is, but I'm pretty certain neither dovecot or sendmail are.

Second, google.  Much of it can probably be done with webmin, but generally
server software doesn't provide GUI tools - third party developers do
that - and it certainly isn't Ubuntu's mission to add them.  Your typical
Linux sysadmin's attitude to GUI tools ranges from scorn to apathy.

--
derek