missing programs

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 09:41:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 2:21 AM, MG <m.s0128532 at gmail.com> wrote:
> please can you tell me to get what I'm missing?
>
> :/home/max/gngeo-0.6.9# sh ./configure
> checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu

First grab the build-essential package:

$ sodo aptitude install build-essential

Then you should get automake

$ sudo aptitude install automake

> checking for gzopen in -lz... no
> configure: error: can't find zlib on your system

And you'll need libz.

sudo aptitude install zlib1g-dev

Is the program you're trying to build a Ubuntu package? then you can
build the source and get all the necessary compile dependencies all at
once:

apt-get build-dep <package>
apt-get -b source <package>

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.