From dual boot to virtualization

Juan De Mola juan.demola at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 01:42:54 UTC 2009

The main os will remain being Vista because it has a especial
relationship with the laptop manufacturer, it is essential to do some
work that is more complex on Ubuntu and is shared with my brother.

The virtual machine is for create a ubuntu install that will work like
the one I have now. The first step I am  doing is a clean install on
the vm but ubuntu has a problem with the size of the installer window
that is larger than the work space. :-( Then I decided to install
debian to then rebrand it with the ubuntu packages or try other
options if it becomes hard to do.

Thanks!

On 4/15/09, Franz Waldmüller <waldbauernbub at gmx.at> wrote:
> Juan De Mola schrieb:
>> Hi everybody!
>>
>> As you will know I've problems with the boot of 8.10 and with the NTFS
>> partition from where the entire system runs, including Vista.
>>
>> To avoid the growing problems with the fs when some file is touched by
>> ubuntu i want move it from the virtual hd to a vm on sun virtual box.
>>
>> How I can do the transfer without great problems? I've a tiny debian
>> install yet @ vb. Thanks!
>
> I would do a Windows Install in the virtual machine from scratch. This
> way you will just install the essential software and can keep windows
> lean. The clean way is often the fastest.
>

> Franz

Juan Pablo De Mola Rodríguez