ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 139

Allen Meyers texas.chef94 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:23:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Thorny <thorntreehome at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>>Thorny:
>> Again apology for my forgetting your not looking over my shoulder. My
>> firebox version is 3.0.8
>> and the take over so far occurs in gmail which gives me access to this
>> post as an example but
>> no ability to minimize. f11 causes the screen to reveal the minus sign and
>> the capability to minimize
>> so briefly it is impossible to do so before it returns to that full
>> takeover of the screen. Sorry its best I can do in describing it. My only
>> other option is evolution mail which works great but no access to my
>> bookmarks. Hope that last comment does not further confuse my narration.
>> As far as add-ons (extensions) best of my memory none. I use the browser
>> to hook up to Internet, install all available updates, but do nothing
>> specific to fine tune firebox if that is what you were asking.
>>

> Allen, you are making the mistake of replying to the "digest" email rather
> than the thread where you question started. This is a new error, usually
> you have been replying correctly in the topic and thread.
>
> People often become confused when someone replies to a digest, there is a
> good reason that email clients keep track of threads. It organizes things
> logically and "flows" similar to a face-to-face conversation, as well as
> making more sense when someone is searching and reading the archives of
> the list.
>
> The likely reason that poster Roy didn't follow the full thread of the
> message was probably because he didn't see it, it was older than this
> (your reply to the "digest"). Since you were trying to reply to me, you
> could/should have replied to the thread where I asked you to elaborate.
>
> Note: I have put a thread marked with [OT attn Allen] as a reply to my
> thread to which you were probably trying to reply. This should make it
> easier for you to find.

Thorny and list
Just when I think I am getting the hang of the process another boo
boo. OK will not make that mistake again.
Just for clarification sake Roy's suggestion concerning Firefox
covering up the panels at the top and
bottom of the screen and the  workaround in compiz settings solved the problem.
Again thanks to all and especially Thorny for taking the time to go into detail.

Allen