Jaunty updates not ready

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 13:29:12 UTC 2009

Amedee Van Gasse (ubuntu) wrote:

> Karl F. Larsen schreef:

>>> Open a terminal and type the following:
>>>
>>> sudo aptitude update
>>>
>>> followed by
>>>
>>> sudo aptitude safe-upgrade
>>>
>>> Send the output of both commands to the mailing list.
>>> Also show us a copy of your /etc/apt/sources.list

>>> I don't think that your location on the planet will make a difference. ;-)
>>>

>> Here is what you asked for:
>>

> *snip*
>
> Sorry, I didn't see the following:
>
> sudo aptitude update
>
> That's update, not upgrade.
> Also, you should use safe-upgrade. It is identical to the old upgrade,
> but the old upgrade is deprecated.
>
> And could you also put a copy of your /etc/sources.list online?
>
> I suggest that you make a backup copy of that file, and then in the
> original file, replace every "us.archive.ubuntu.com" with
> "archive.ubuntu.com".
> Just as a test, to rule out any problems with your local Ubuntu mirror.

#deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 9.04 _Jaunty Jackalope_ - Beta i386 (20090324)]/
jaunty main restricted
# See http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes for how to upgrade to
# newer versions of the distribution.

deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty main restricted

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-updates main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-updates main restricted

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team. Also, please note that software in universe WILL NOT receive any
## review or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty universe
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty universe
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-updates universe
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-updates universe

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## multiverse WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
## security team.
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty multiverse
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty multiverse
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-updates multiverse
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-updates multiverse

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'backports'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any review
## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
# deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-backports main
restricted universe multiverse
# deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ jaunty-backports main
restricted universe multiverse

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from Canonical's
## 'partner' repository.
## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by Canonical and the
## respective vendors as a service to Ubuntu users.
# deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu jaunty partner
# deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu jaunty partner

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jaunty-security main restricted
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jaunty-security main restricted