Jaunty updates not ready

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 03:10:51 UTC 2009

Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>
>> Mark Kirkwood <markir at paradise.net.nz>  said:
>>

>>> Usually doing
>>>
>>> $ sudo aptitude update
>>>
>>> will fix that - but clearly does not in your case.
>>>

>> If you look back on Karl's post you'll see that he never did do
>> <sudo aptitude update>.  He did <sudo aptitude upgrade> twice and <sudo
>> aptitude safe-upgrade> once.
>>
>> @ Karl, you still need to do <sudo aptitude update> /first/ before
>> anything will work.  Otherwise you are trying to upgrade to already
>> existing packages.
>>

> Nice catch - I misread what Karl had written!
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark

    Yes my bad. I see from my recorded first effort I did first update
and second safe-update. I just did it your way and it did the "update"
and that looks good, and now the "safe-update" is still working with
lots of updates being got from the mirror's.

    I will send both to this list when it's done in a few minutes like
15 minutes it says :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI