Jaunty updates not ready

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Apr 12 22:10:45 UTC 2009

On Sunday 12 April 2009 22:22, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>     I have Jaunty on my laptop and it is working fine but their appears
> to be a problem with some of the mirrors or who knows. In any case I
> open Up-Date Manager and it reports there are 90 updates available. But
> when it tries to d/l the updates it spits out error panels saying it can
> not find some things.
>
>     If your results are different I would like to know. I am in New
> Mexico USA.
>
> Karl

Hi Karl. Personally, I've no time for programs like update manager phoning
home whenever you boot up, to see what updates are available.

How about doing it the manual way. Open a terminal, then do:
sudo apt-get update

When the package lists are downloaded, do:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Hopefully, on ok'ing the updates, they should be installed.

All the best.

Nigel.