Thoughts about finding viruses in email inboxes

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Mon Apr 6 08:23:58 UTC 2009

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

> [...]

The key I used was the one from the error message. The info on the site
that you refer to is for checking package integrity, not for
verifying the download site.

As it turns out, adding the source to sources.list and running apt-get
update adds the packages to synaptic even without verification. When I
installed them I was notified they couldn't be verified but they seemed
to install O.K. When I get some time tomorrow I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the reply.

--
Bob Holtzman
  check the price of the beer"