Thoughts about finding viruses in email inboxes

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 6 01:17:16 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 4/5/09, Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:

> From: Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net>
> Subject: Re: Thoughts about finding viruses in email inboxes
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 2:49 AM
> On Sat, 4 Apr 2009, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>
>          ..............HUGE snip...............
>
> > I asked you to add the following line to your
> /etc/apt/sources.list file:
> >
> > deb http://download.bitdefender.com/repos/deb/
> bitdefender non-free
> >
> > Did you? It's all one line. If you did, then you
> need to also run:
> >
> > sudo aptitude update   and
> > sudo aptitude install bitdefender-scanner
> bitdefender-scanner-gui
>
> When I tried that update told me public key
> A373FB480EC4FE05 not
> available.
>
> Ran gpg - -recv-keys A373FB480EC4FE05 with no luck.
> Ran apt-get install bitdefender-keyring with no luck.
>
> Both of these have worked for me in the past. Not sure how
> to proceed.
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

The command line set for the gpg key that Ray Parrish gave later is what I also used and worked.  But in your case, it should work too but I think the key you used is incorrect.  At least, when I was on the site, I saw a much shorter key sequence, about 5 or 6 characters, IIRC. The site tells how to download and install the key, AIR; that's the method I'd use.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net