Baffled by OpenOffice templates

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 21:45:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:05 PM, R Kimber <richardkimber at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:42:49 +0100
> Colin Murphy wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 02 April 2009 21:11:01 R Kimber wrote:
>> > I have created some templates and saved them in
>> > ~/.openoffice.org2/user/template/
>> >
>> > When I do File->New->Templates & Documents->Templates->My Templates
>> > only two of them are shown.  Why is this, and how do I get to access
>> > the others?  The ott files don't look any different in the directory
>> > listing.
>> >
>> Did you save the templates as templates, using the openoffice File >
>> Templates
>> > Save feature, or just as normal documents to that directory?
>
> Ah.  No, I did 'save as' and chose template format

I was curious myself so I found this article:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7447

It says for those you already put in the directory use File -->
Templates --> Organize to import them

it also says in the future,b when you create a template, save it using
File --> Templates --> Save.

seems pretty cumbersome!