printers for UBUNTU?

thirstyh2o thirstyh2o at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 02:53:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:14:35 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:

> elmo wrote:
>> which printers are OK for ubuntu  and which should be avoided.?
>

> Samsung CLP-300 work great with Ubuntu.

I had an awful experience with Samsung many years ago. I was still using
Windows at that time. I bought a Samsung laser printer, get it home,
plugged it in and found not performing even close as advertised.

I phoned tech support, and their rep advised me ...  To go to HP
web site (?!), to download driver for an HP laser printer (?!) and to use
it instead of the Samsung driver supplied with the printer I purchased.

I was shocked and get the printer back to a point of sale, since that was
the only option Samsung gave to me. I lost %15 of restocking fee on that.

Since than I never buy any (and I mean ANY) product on which I find that
funny name Samsung.

They might have improved since then but I cannot forget that shocking
experience of mine.