printers for UBUNTU?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Apr 2 00:13:46 UTC 2009

>> Samsung CLP-300 work great with Ubuntu.
>>

> I had one of those, had something go funky where it kept giving overheat
> and underheat errors on the printer and would die on me, despite
> replacing the @#$# fuser unit.
>
> Ended up replacing with an HP laserjet.

I suppose your replacement laserjet is not just black printing only.

Heavy-duty colour printing - HP 2600n works wonders. You just have the
occasional need to take it apart to clear the toner dust of the mirror
array when the colours start coming out faded or off-colour.

It probably also has a cups driver.